Bonfire night bakers
If you’re planning on baking some potatoes to tuck into while you watch the fireworks, these topping ideas will take them to the next level
- Cottage pie Simmer beef mince in a pan with chopped carrot, onion and celery, and some beef stock. Sprinkle with grated cheese to finish.
- Cauliflower cheese Thin some soft cheese with a little stock, then stir in grated Cheddar and roasted cauliflower. Top with sliced spring onion.
- BLT Roughly chop crispy bacon, then mix with lettuce and sliced tomato. Dress with mayonnaise and lemon juice to finish.
- Spicy Gorgonzola Brush nuts with maple syrup, then roast. Mix crumbled blue cheese with a little yogurt, then top with the nuts and a drizzle of hot sauce.
- Smoky beans Combine chopped tomatoes, smoked paprika and a little chopped chilli with drained, rinsed cannellini beans, then simmer. Serve scattered with fresh parsley.
- Curried chick peas Sauté chick peas with chopped onion and curry powder, then stir through a little yogurt to serve.