Times are difficult at the moment, and we know many people are worried about their health and the livelihood of those around them. Our food stores will have a critical role to play in the coming weeks, and we wanted to update you on how we are responding to the ongoing Covid-19 situation.
- Many of our food stores are now operating on reduced hours to allow extra time for cleaning and restocking. A full list of these hours can be found here.
- Our colleagues have access to gloves and personal hand-washing facilities.
- We are encouraging customers to pay using contactless or card payments.
- We have set up measures to ensure social distancing is followed in stores. Vinyl floor stickers have now been installed in all stores to outline the distance that customers should stand.
- Additional powers have been given to store managers to allow them to restrict the number of customers in the store at one time, and to temporarily close the store at short notice to allow our teams to put out deliveries safely.
- Installation of protective screens at the till points is now underway.
Further measures will be introduced in the coming days.