Am I eligible?
Any person can become a part of the Society’s democratic structure, providing that they fulfil the following criteria;
- You have been a member of Chelmsford Star Co-operative Society Ltd for at least one year for Board nominations, or at least six months for Membership Committee or Members’ Council nominations.
- You fulfil the following share capital or spend criteria, depending on the elective office;
Board: at least £250 share capital or have made purchases from the Society of at least £500 in the year preceding nomination
Membership Committee: at least £100 share capital or have made purchases from the Society of at least £250 in the year preceding nomination
Members’ Council: at least £50 share capital or have made purchases from the Society of at least £100 in the six months preceding nomination
- You or any close relative is not engaged in a managerial capacity in the carrying on of any business trade or undertaking which competes with the Society
- You are not bankrupt
- You accept and agree to abide by the relevant Code of Conduct (Board or Membership Committe and Members' Council)
- For the full eligibility criteria refer to the Society Secretary or Society Rules (10.16).
Nominations can be submitted between 42 and 56 days before the AGM (some time between the end of January to early March each year). The Society displays preliminary notices in stores inviting members to put forward nominations for the Board of Directors, the Membership Committee and the Members’ Council. Nomination packs are available by post or email from the Secretary. The closing date for nominations is 42 days before the AGM (usually by about early to mid March).
Nominations must be submitted on the appropriate form and include the requested supplementary documents as determined by the Board. Candidates will need to provide details including their name, address and membership number. The candidate will need to be nominated and seconded by members, who will need to sign the nomination form having provided their name, membership number and address.
If you are interested in standing for a position within the Society’s governance structure, please contact the Society Secretary on email@example.com to provide the relevant documents and guidance.