Terms and Conditions of student membership
1. Members must be 16 years of age or over.
2. A membership card is issued subject to the member agreeing to the Society’s full terms and conditions of membership.*
3. When your membership is accepted, your £1 investment entitles you to a say in how we are run.
4. The membership card remains the property of Chelmsford Star Co-operative Society Limited (“the society”), which may withdraw the card at any time.
5. This card is only accepted in outlets operated by Chelmsford Star Co-op Society.
6. Details of the products and services included in the scheme can be found on our website - details will be included in your new membership pack.
7. Student members are entitled to a 10% reward back in food stores, and 1% in Quadrant and Co-operative Travel. Some exclusions apply, such as bill payments and lottery. See website for full exclusions.*
8. Student membership will be granted for one year to those studying full-time based on proof of student ID. We will contact you before your card expires to determine if you will re-register as a student or convert your membership to an ordinary account.
9. The membership card can only be used for the benefit of the member named on the front of the card and when that person has signed the back of the card. You may not transfer any rights or duties under this scheme.
10. The membership card can only be used for purchases by and for the individual member.
11. The card is not a loyalty card, credit card, payment card or cheque guarantee card.
12. If the card is lost, stolen or damaged, a replacement card is available from the society on request from the Membership Department.
13. Your rewards may be utilised for the payment (or part payment) of goods purchased from the Society at any time within the length of your student membership, but any rewards not redeemed in that will be transferred to an ordinary membership account.
14. In the event of a dispute, the society’s decision on the matter is final and binding. *Full terms and conditions of the scheme can be found by visiting www.chelmsfordstar.coop or by requesting a copy on the application form overleaf. Your application is subject to approval by Chelmsford Star Co-operative Society Limited. This society follows a Code of Practice and has to provide a statement to its members of the nature of their share holding investment and any change affecting it.
• As a member you are a shareholder of Chelmsford Star Co-operative Society Limited. If the society is unable to meet its debts and other liabilities, you will lose the whole amount held in shares, hence it is known as risk capital. This may make it inappropriate as a place to invest savings.
• The Financial Services Compensation Scheme, which covers bank and building society accounts, does not apply to your share account with the society, so you cannot claim compensation under the Scheme in the event of the society not being able to meet requests for withdrawal of shares. This is because the society does not require authorisation under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 to issue withdrawable share capital. Societies are not subject to supervision by the Financial Services Authority for the issue of these shares.
• The Financial Ombudsman Service does not apply to student membership or your relationship with the society but under the society rules any dispute is to be submitted to an arbitrator agreed by the parties or in the absence of agreement to be nominated by the Chief Executive of Co-operatives UK Limited. The arbitrator’s decision will be binding and conclusive on all parties.
If you have any questions regarding the Code please address them to:- The Secretary, Chelmsford Star Co-operative Society Limited, 220 Moulsham Street, Chelmsford CM2 0LS.