Reports to: Store Manager
Responsible for: Store Personnel
Overall Job Purpose
To assist with the managing of the store operation, on a daily basis, in an efficient and effective manner, in accordance with the Society’s policies and rules, with the objective of maximising store profitability.
- To be responsible for holding the store in the absence of Store Management
- To maintain appropriate levels of stock availability to customers, through the effective use of stock and order procedures, to maximise sales within agreed stockholding targets.
- To implement and maintain stock ranges in accordance with Society planograms and promotional programmes and ensure such merchandise is well-presented and promotional material effectively displayed.
- To keep levels of stock losses to a minimum via effective in store stock controls, and record and report all known losses such as wastage, freezer breakdowns, burglary and theft in a timely and efficient manner.
- To maintain the security of the store, its contents and its staff in accordance with the Food Store Policy & Procedures Manual.
- To be responsible for till and cash controls on the premises in the managements absence.
- To ensure that the store is maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and presentation and any remedial maintenance work required is identified and communicated to the appropriate party.
- To ensure that all store personnel adhere to Society policies and procedures.
- To ensure that the store is adequately staffed, supervised and managed during your working shifts
- To ensure that all hours of work, holidays and sickness are properly recorded and communicated during your working shift.
- To ensure that every effort is made by all store staff to meet the needs of the customer and to promote effective customer service.
- To ensure compliance with all legal requirements including Health & Safety Practices, Fire Precautions, Food Hygiene Controls, Licensing Laws, Check Scanning and ensure completion of the Daily Operations Book.
- To abide by and carry out the Society’s Health & Safety policy.
- To abide by and carry out the Society’s Employment Policy.
- To carry out other duties as may be required by the business from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality of customer service.
- Store standards