Since 2006, Chelmsford Star Co-operative has supported a different local charity each year to be the focus for all fundraising. Over this time through a variety of initiatives and events, we have raised over £400,000 which has benefited the Essex Air Ambulance, Helen Rollason Heal Cancer, Little Havens Children’s Hospice, Macmillan Cancer Support, Families InFocus(Essex), Canine Partners, Essex Dementia Care, The J's Hospice, MIND, Kids Inspire, Little Haven's, Alzheimer's Society and Essex & Herts Air Ambulance.
We've formed a partnership with the Essex Community Foundation to direct much needed assistance to a range of voluntary organisations and charities across Essex thatare struggling due to the COVID-19 pandemic (May 2020). The Essex Coronavirus Response & Recovery Programme has been chosen by our Directors to be our new charity partner, with all support from colleagues, members and customers being directed at them until May 2021. The Programme will help with emergency funding, and intends to keep many vital services running across Essex that might otherwise be at risk, both now and as we move forward into the next stages of recovery.
How can you support?
- Donating to collecting tins at our many till points
- Donating 1p or more from your change at till points in our food stores
- Buying raffle tickets for prize draws offered in our stores throughout the year
- Buying tickets for events held in our department stores
- Donate online via: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/cstarcoopcovidsupport
How to become our Charity of the Year
If you are interested in applying to be our Charity of the Year partner please read the information below to ensure that you meet the criteria.
- You must be a bona fide charity with Essex coverage
- We raise on average £30,000 for our charity partner and you should provide information on a specific project we can help fund.
- We have over 50 branches from Braintree to Southend-on-Sea. You should be able to supply not only 200 collecting tins, but fundraising ideas and opportunities. You will be required to make contact with our individual stores and assist in local initiatives as and when required.
The selection process for 2021:
- Applications must be received by the Society by 9th March 2021.
- Up to 6 charities will be selected from the applications and invited to present in March.
- 3 charities will be short-listed and will go forward to the staff vote in April.
- The winning charity will be notified and introduced at the Annual General Meeting in May 2021.
How to apply
Interested parties for 2021 should email Susan Sullivan, Society President at email@example.com or write to her at 220 Moulsham Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0LS by 9th March 2021. A succinct summary (maximum of 2 pages of A4) of your charity’s work would be helpful including why your charity should be considered and what you require the funds for.