Use up leftover mincemeat to give an extra flavour pop to these fluffy crowd-pleasers
Feeds 6 • Ready in 45 mins
- 180g Co-op ricotta
- 150ml Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- 2 Co-op British free range eggs, separated
- 125g Co-op plain flour
- 1 tsp Co-op baking powder
- Zest of 1 orange
- 60g bag Co-op mixed nuts
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 125g Co-op mincemeat, warmed
- 100ml Co-op double cream, whipped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6. To make the pancake batter, beat together the ricotta, milk and egg yolks, then add the flour, baking powder and half the orange zest. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff, then carefully fold into the pancake batter.
- Spread the nuts out on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 5-6 mins, until lightly browned.
- Heat a little of the oil in a large nonstick frying pan. Working in batches, drop generous tablespoons of the batter into it. Cook for 3-4 mins on a low heat, flip over and cook until golden and puffed up. Keep warm while you cook the rest of the pancakes in the remaining oil.
- Roughly chop the cooled nuts. Layer the pancakes, 3 per person, with the mincemeat, then top with the cream, nuts and remaining zest.