Overall Job Purpose
To assist with the managing of the store operation, on a daily basis, in an efficient and effective manner, in accordance with the Society’s policies and rules, with the objective of maximising store profitability.
1. To be responsible for holding the store in the absence of Store Management
2. To maintain appropriate levels of stock availability to customers, through the effective use of stock and order procedures, to maximise sales within agreed stockholding targets.
3. To implement and maintain stock ranges in accordance with Society planograms and promotional programmes and ensure such merchandise is well-presented and promotional material effectively displayed.
4. To keep levels of stock losses to a minimum via effective in store stock controls, and record and report all known losses such as wastage, freezer breakdowns, burglary and theft in a timely and efficient manner.
5. To maintain the security of the store, its contents and its staff in accordance with the Food Store Policy & Procedures Manual.
6. To be responsible for till and cash controls on the premises in the managements absence.
7. To ensure that the store is maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and presentation and any remedial maintenance work required is identified and communicated to the appropriate party.
8. To ensure that all store personnel adhere to Society policies and procedures.
9. To ensure that the store is adequately staffed, supervised and managed during your working shifts
10. To ensure that all hours of work, holidays and sickness are properly recorded and communicated during your working shift.
11. To ensure that every effort is made by all store staff to meet the needs of the customer and to promote effective customer service.
12. To ensure compliance with all legal requirements including Health & Safety Practices, Fire Precautions, Food Hygiene Controls, Licensing Laws, Check Scanning and ensure completion of the Daily Operations Book.
13. To abide by and carry out the Society’s Health & Safety policy.
14. To abide by and carry out the Society’s Employment Policy.
15. To carry out other duties as may be required by the business from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality of customer service.
- Store standards